Transmission Service Interval

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Barnes

Reaction score
I need some input from the Sport Trac experts :D

I need to know what the required " normal" service interval is for the auto transmission differentials and transfer case on my 2005 Trac 4x4. I looked in the manual and it indicates that certain trannys ( Torqshift and 4R100) need a fluid change at 30 K miles. I'm not sure, but all I think my tranny is a 5R55E according to the manual. Any help will be appreciated. :wacko:

Please note, I am looking for the required interval by Ford.

Thanks!

;)

MountainTrac

I agree that sooner is better than later, but I just rolled over 30K and was wondering if tomorrow was going to be consumed by getting tranny service :(, or if I could put it off a bit. :D

Thanks!

MountainTrac

On the 2002 Ranger that I had before with the same driveline, the manual said every 30,000. I don't have the Trac's manual in front of me, but I know it doesn't say 30,000. More like 100k if at all. I did it at 30k anyway just to be safe, and heck, I lease mine.

I had and 2001 Sport Trac and now a 2003 Sport Trac. Both owner/maintenance manuals state to "Check the condition of the fluid" at the 30K mile service, and "Replace if necessary" ???

I had the fluid flushed on my 2001 at 30K miles. I had not exdperienced any problems but notice a big improvement in the crispness of the shifts and improved acceseration off the line.

I had the fluid flushed in my 2003 at 20K miles. I noticed no significant change, but the fluid did not look nearly as bad as it did when they flushed the 2001.

I would not recommend going past 30K miles, and then I would recommend doing a flush rather than just the conventional "Drop the pan" fluid change. The flush will replace about 98% of the fluid, (10-14) quarts, while droping the pan will only change about 5-6 quarts.

...Rich