Transmission swap?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Lance 2

Reaction score
So after less than 4 months of having the transmission rebuilt it goes out again. Sprag went again have not had it torn down again to see what other damage was done. Still thinking of converting the trac to a manual. So has anyone done this before? Can I use a transmission or parts from an older explorer sport like a 1997? I have an 2002 trac. Will the computer and any wiring need to be done in this conversion?

Thanks

Any input is appreciated I just hate to put more $$ into the automatic and it go out again.

Dis you get a warranty from the shop that did the rebuild?

Perhaps research and get references for a quality rebuilt automatic from a shop that backs it's work.

I don't think switching to a manual is the answer.

I agree with Yardsale,

If you did not get a warranty from the shop that fixed your tranny, then you were probably dealing with a bunch of hacks that really don't know what they were doing. Most good shops will give you a 12 month 12K mile warranty and some will give longer warranties.

Find a shop that warranties their work (they may charge more) and get the job done right.

It's not worth the trouble and expense to put in a manual transmission.

...Rich

Latest posts