trany service

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walter clark

Reaction score
I am going to do a pan drop filter and fluid trany service. How many qts. of ATF do i need to have and about what is the cost of the gasket and filter or is the filter the kind you remove,clean and reinstall. also are there any pitfalls I need to know about besides the mess factor? I figure about 1 to 2 hrs if I take my time.

I'm gonna try this weekend too... any info would be great! Does anyone know the part number of the trans filter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Click on the link below,,, all your questions will be answered..

Todd Z

Thanx Todd ... You are da man!;)

The project mentioned an "EPC pressure valve " whats this, why would I want to adjust it, and last how would I adjust it if I want or need to?????? :unsure:

Walter...Another link for you..

The EPC is what controls the tranny pressure... It is a regulator that the computer can adjust.. The problem is it is set too low and can allow slippage in the tranny.. By adjusting it slightly you can firm up your shifts and have a smoother tranny...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/epc/epc.html

So this sounds like a realy good adjustment if you tow any to help firm up the shifting... Again many thanks todd for the info.