tribute

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
cleaning out the tool box the other day, came across a few spare parts for the old trac. Was curious to see if they fit on the new F150, and they do!

Anyone who knew my old Trac'er knew I bathed her in blue, so guess she will live on in the new rig.
e75d287da53b7aa586df57ec15db6cfb.jpg

Looks very cool Jerry. :supercool:

Washington must have much different lighting laws than most states that have law enforcement cars with blue lights. In Hawaii, you would be stopped by the police immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same law in Tx. No blue lighting on none emergency vehicles. With that said, I dont understand why the cops dont stop, these guys that have the bright blue headlights. They are blinding to on coming traffic...:angry:

Great to hear from you Eddie. Hope your clean up in Pasadena, TX. (Houston area) hasn't been too stressful. Glad you're OK! :driving:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, they are legal provided they are not on a moving vehicle. Moving has been defined as in driving gear or in motion. So, as long as I am parked and not in drive, I can have the blue lights.

I have double checked and spoken with a few of my highway patrol / sheriff friends and they have told me that as long as it goes off before I put the truck in drive, I can have the blue lights.

They go off as soon as I start the truck. Trick is not to activate the bed lights unless I am in park.

And as for the bright blue lights, they cant stop them as the light is not actually blue. Its the wavelength being determined by our eyes as blue. If you notice the color changes to white as you get closer or much farther. Its the same thing with video recording. You could have white light on stage but the camera picks it up as blue, because the iris isn't set properly.

I had some small blue lights peeking out of the grill on the old trac, got busted for those. they were only 1 LED in size and very light, but enough for the cop who passed me to see. He didn't give me a ticket if I disconnected them on the spot, which I did.

Ran across a guy who not only had a lighted blue Ford oval in his grill, but it also flashed. He got his truck towed to impound and about $916 in tickets and a charge of impersonating a police officer. He tried to blame the cops. I smiled and walked away. What a putz.

Latest posts