Trip MPG

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
As best I can tell at this early date, the Gibson exhaust added 1 mpg on the highway and none around town.

Took a 700 mile round-trip last Friday from Pittsburgh to Syracuse, NY to pick up my kids for the weekend. I got off to a bit of a late start so I was running a steady 80 mph all the way up (I have a Valentine ONE) and averaged 16.8. I let junior drive most of the way home and he kept it at 70, once we got home it was at 17.3.

I reset it once when I went between my offices which is a steady highway trip. I kept it at the 65 limit, which was painful :lol:, but I got 19.1.

Not much of a difference, but still pretty good mileage.

At least it reinforces that our mileage is 2mpg better if we do the speed limit.

I've done the speed limit a couple of times myself. :lol:

Yeah, a Trac is as aerodynamic as a brick but I was surprised at how much mpg I lost by going faster.

johnny,

with a magnaflow cat-back i still only get about 13.5-14.0 mostly highway on my 07 V-8. on 2 trips to the sunshine state, the best i got was about 17.5.

as well as the lack of aero, the weight does not help.

Hmm, with oversized, studded snow tires and 250 lbs of sand in the back of my truck I've averaged 17.3 mpg with mixed driving this winter. I hope to get the sand and tires off this weekend and then we'll see what happens.