trip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark little

Reaction score
I just completed a round trip to Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, carrying the bed full with equipment. Trac did great and I got 22 mpg on highway, drove 1019 miles. Is anybody else getting this kind of mileage.

mlittle,

I have found my Trac to do that type of mileage as well on long trips. The catch,,,, no cruising at 80MPH..

Seems the 70 is the magic number. Once you break that number for long runs your mileage seems to drop.

Like you, I was pleased with the mileage considering I was towing two Polaris Water Craft and had a bed full of camping stuff.

We did a big trip this summer from Texas, to North Dakota, and the bed was full of luggage and other stuff, and we got just over 21 mpg.

:cool:

Coastie,

I can't help cruising 80mph on I-5, but I manage to get 20-21mpg. I wonder if driving slower would get me better mpg... guess I'll never know ;)

Longest I did so far was 700 miles or so... As stated cruising 70-75 with the ac on I averaged 23mpg..

Todd Z

I never get that kind of milage. :( Must be MA. I'm so stinking easy on the gas pedal too! Yup tires are proper. 17 tops :angry: