truck dies

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susan Pierce

Reaction score
i have this problem with the truck dying just going down the road and when it does it wont start back up for a while , when i turn the key on to start it the checkm engine light is flikering on and off then it turn solid then starts flikering again and when i pop the hood to find a problem i notice that the iac valve is chattering. any ideas

Well, this is not one of the normal complaints.

The Check Engine Light, (CEL). Does it flash for a few flashes, then pause, then flash more flashes? If so, it almost sounds like it is giving you an engine code. Our Tracs are not designed to do this, but it was common on the older OBD II systems.

Just for the heck of it. For example, If it was a Code 42. It would flash 4 times, pause, then flash 2 more times. All the same speed by the way. It would do this three times. If there are more than one code it will show all codes then go on and show all codes again, then one more time.

See if that is what it is doing?

If you have a computer for the NOS kit i would bet the chip is going bad or the connections. When it dies hit the computer harness with your hand nd see if it starts right up..

Mine did the exact same thing..

I got a flasher and dumped the chip..

Todd Z

Latest posts