Truck is back from Ford service

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Ayala

Reaction score
Well, got back the ST today and like the first time the ST showed the OD light flashing, Ford is blaming modifications done.

What I do not understand is how come something that was done 3 years ago, is now affecting the performance of the vehicle. Issues like having 20" rims and low profile tires vs. original equipment and not having computer updates for these kinds of mods. Anohter one, the cold air intake, allowing more air into the throttle body, affecting end results as well and that's why tranny had hesitation, not slipping, ending in seeing rpm's going up because computer was understanding increase in air and adapting to changes.Don't get it, for me is all bull, excuse my language.

They said they updated the computer, overwriting the program and adding a program for bigger rim/tires. Looks like it driving ok, but I need to drive some more time before I can truly say is fine. my question is, can I re-flash my computer with the Xcal II?

jose

The question is now, can I re-flash the computer with my xcal II ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you flashed it back to stock before you took it in. The old stock program will be overwritten into the xcal. Then you can load your perfomance programs back in. the xcal will save the new stock program from the dealer.

Also look up the moss magnuson act. They canot blame certain thing that fail on things that have nothing to do with ,the item that failed....

I did flash back to original before taking to Ford. It was fine and no problems until I flashed it back to stock and that's when all started, meaning I got the OD light flashing and the rest is history.

I will look into that, thanks Fast Eddie.

It's "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act".

Look for "MagnusonMossAct.doc" in the Temp folder of my library.

Last edited by a moderator:
The MM act will not help you (sorry) You can indeed return to an OEM tune, but you cannot eradicate the SCT program from your PCM,The dealer will see that changes have been made.

If push comes to shove, the dealer will send the PCM back to ford.

Your dealing with a computer, ford can decode it and know all you have done.

One of the often overlooked pitfalls of modding, good luck

Jose, I also got the OD flashing light and erratic shifting when I returned my truck back to stock after using the X3. All I did was disconnect the battery for ten minutes and it is fine now. There's a warning in the X3 instructions about this. Good luck.