Truck's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that mean that the 2nd Gen ST has the same defect with it's IFS and IRS. :bwahaha:

Commence with the blow back comments. :argue::haveabeer::bwahaha:

Lol. Never understood why the Ridgeline was either front wheel drive or for more money could be AWD. Who makes a "truck" front wheel drive? Also, the placement of the spare tire is not easily accessible by any means, nor is it user friendly.

I used to think anything with 4 doors wasn't sporty enough for me to own. Now I need 4 doors and a open bed and frankly I don't care if it's a truck or not. Front wheel drive though? Hey, maybe that would come in handy when my Sport Trac's rear wheels are spinning. But that's what AWD is for.

It was either limited production or a non-U.S. model but I know two people that owned one over the years. It had the 2.0 diesel, 4speed and was fwd with the 7' long flatbed from the factory. It could've been an import from south America because my buddy did bring it with him from Mexico back in 1988 when he moved to Oregon. :driving:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only "Production" FWD S-10's that I know of were electric. They have the EV1 power train in them. I have a friend with one.

You may be thinking of the Kelpie Kargo which was a Dakota with Caravan power train. The Idea was a low loading floor for local deliveries. Not sure how long they lasted, Only seen one and it may have been a prototype.

The Ridgeline is AWD until 25MPH, then the rear diffy disconnects.

The Subaru Brat, VW Pickup, and Dodge Rampage were all car based FWD, although the Subie was usually 4WD. The VW's are expensive these days. Haven't seen a Rampage in 20 yrs.

what I know..

Latest posts