True dual exhaust Gen 2 ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there are any dual exhaust kits for the Gen 2 ST. The only kit that seems to be available is a Magnaflow single-out cat-back kit.

If you want duals, you'll probably have to do a custom job. If you do, be sure to post pictures here, because I don't think anyone else has accomplished that yet.

Be sure to put in a cross-over to get the sweeter sound!

Crossovers do change the sound but thats not what they are for. They help equalize exhaust pulse. For better scavenging. If posible use an X crossover instead of an H. They perform better. You buy the X crossover from many performance exhaust companies. The shop can weld it in the system they build.

I didn't know there was an issue with this. I bought my 07 4.6 in December of 06 and had it dualed out in I believe in March 07 using Flowmaster 50s. Since the fuel tank is on the passenger side of the vehicle I decided with safety in mind that I would route both down the driverside turned the Flowmastes at an angle side by side and outed ahead of the rear tire just under the stepbar. It changed my ground clearance a tad but I didn't like the mental picture of both exhausts exiting the same side rear of the vehicle. I've had nothing but praises on the sound and the performance increase was great.

Best Regards,

Jim:D

Jim, Are you dualed of of the motor? Or single into the muffler and dual out. I think what he is wanting is true duals from the motor. That would require getting rid of the Y-Pipe. Then adding seperate cats for each bank. That is why I recomended the X pipe before the 2 seperate mufflers..