Trying to figure things out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beegle 2

Reaction score
I'm working on ordering parts for my project 2004 Sport Trac. The big problem is that i doon't have my S/T with me. I'm currently in Iraq and I'm order the stuff on line so that it will be there when I get home. I alreay have a 4 in. superlift suspension lift done, did it before i left to come over here. I am puting a 3 in. body lift on it also when I get back. The brakes all the way around are being upgraded, so that I will have the stoping power I will need for the tire. I'm looking at the BAJA MTZ 35 x 12.5 x 16 or 15 with DC-1 black rims 16 or 15 x 10. Still trying to deside on the final size.

The things tht I'm trying to figure out is the diffs. I know that the rear diff is a 8.8 (to easy use to race mustngs). The front one is the one I have problem figureing out. I plan on going to aubrun electric lockers both front and rear w/ 4.56 gears, but I dont know the front diff size, axle spline, or if it is a reverse or standard gear. Any input on this will be helpfull.

ps: Don't worry pictures are to follow as soon as I can!

First off, thank you for serving... it's late and I'm trying to remember the front diff designation; I believe it is the Dana 35 (reverse rotation?). I get confused. Axle spline shouldn't be a huge concern at this time, as the explorer, Ranger, Mountaineer's are the only ones that use this Dana config.

A search of this site or explorerforum.com (I also highly recomend that site for anything Explorer related) will give you exactly what you are looking for. 35x12.50x16... are you looking at 305 or 315 75 16's in the MTZ or just the standard in 15"?

I stayed on Richardson for a Cope Thunder in 03... I hope you are able to get back to AK when you can. God Bless you and watch your six. Thank you for all you sacrifice. Have fun with your mods! :)