TSB 07-32-2 Details

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Yarbough

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to start a new thread on this subject since the other thread started going a bit off topic so here goes.....

I took my 07 V8 ST in Saturday morning to get the latest PCM/TCM program update per TSB 07-23-2 for 2 reasons:

1. I like to have the latest and greatest PCM/TCM programs for my ST.

2. I wanted to get the TSB details to share with those that are interested.

Let me start off by saying that every since I had TSB 07-10-12 done (June 07) I have seen great improvements in my ST's performance. That TSB included enhancements ranging from engine fan noise on cold start up to improved transmissin shifting patterns. Since that TSB update I have been 90% satisfied with how my transmission shifts and hopefully this update will bring my satisfaction level closer to 100%. As of now my ST shifts great, but time will tell because the service tech did tell me that it will take additional driving to complete the adaptive shift learning process.

There are several 07-08 4.6L ST owners that have not had any issues with their trannys much like myself, but even so when I get the updated TSBs done I see improvements in my ST performance so I will continue to get them. For example, I thought the sometimes loud engine fan noise on startup was normal and it wasn't that big a deal. But since having the updated PCM program installed, I am pleased to no longer hear it. This is one example of several other improvements that were not a big deal, but having them resolved makes me feel a lot bbetter about my purchase.

Both TSB 07-10-12 and the most recent TSB 07-23-2 are posted in my library for everyone to see.

Lil Red - I am thinking about getting that program update at my next scheduled oil change. Like you, I had the TSB 07-10-12 done on mine around the same time as yours, and I am very satified with it. I still notice an occasional hesitation accelerating from stop.

Please let us know after the learning period how well this is. And thanks for informing us '07ers . . .

Jimmy, my suggestion is that you make your service advisor aware of concerns that you have with your trucks shifting characteristics. Express that you have done some research and you are aware that updated PCM/TCM programs have been released via Ford Technical Service Bulletins to resolve the issues. You might offer the TSB number and ask him/her to research whether it pertains to your vehicle (which of course it will).:)

Got my 07 back from the dealer on Tuesday - looks like the reprogramming has fixed most of the tranny issues that have been bothering me.

Hesitation from stop - gone!

Clunk when shifting into 1st from N - gone!

High idle at startup - gone!

Overall, shifting feels firmer and much more predictable.

Thanks for the great info Lil Red. Just found this website today, and Im glad I did. I've been complaining about this issue, and had no idea there was a TSB. How do you find out about TSB's anyway?

I am also noticing abnormal tire wear on my '07. Within 3k miles, there was noticeable feathering on the front tires- and they're Michelins (not something I want to be purchasing every 15k miles). The dealership checked the alignment, then merely recommended for me to rotate more frequently.

At this point, I miss my '03.

The Michelins feather badly. They suck in general. That's why mine got warrantied. Ford bought me Toyos instead.

Mike, I was having the same issue with my Trac so I insisted that they realign my truck and they did. I have 14K on my Trac and so far so good. At this point my Michelin's are barely showing any wear and I'm pleased. My advice is to make sure that your service department documents your complaint every time you take it in. That way you have a paper trail of the complaint starting very early in the tires life. If the tires wear out prematurely you can have them warrantied like Dingo has done.

In regards to the TSB(Technical Service Bulletin), I have a connection within Ford that keeps me abreast of any significant updates so I share that information with the great members of this website. The TSB's are not published for the public to see so my buddy is doing me a huge favor by providing the details to me;)

Bill, glad to hear the TSB resolved most of your issues....:)

Yeah, when I went to warranty them, they told me they wouldn't because they hadn't been rotated. I pointed out that I was still within the first rotation period as specified in the manual. They cut me a check.

Thanks for the info/ advice guys. Got the TSB done today and take-offs feel better. Not so much luck with the tires though. They now have three documented occurrences of tire feathering; this last one is only 1,750 miles since they were rotated. I suppose down the road this will help with a claim to Michelin, but the dealership says it wouldn't make sense for them to put new tires on because it would just happen again to the new tires. They say thats what you get when you put a heavy V8 and Auto 4x4 over the front wheels.

Sorry I went on a tangent there- just wanted to thank you for the info and for posting the TSB.

-Mike