TSB ALL please Read ( Funny thing brought back !!!)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I rolled on the floor laughing when this was first posted around 2 years ago...

I found it, so I figured I would re-post it !!

ENJOY !!!!!

Make: FORD TRUCK Model: EXPLORER SPORT TRAC Year: 2001-2005

Service Bulletin Number: 00M12 Bulletin Sequence Number: 167 Date of Bulletin: 12/00

NHTSA Item Number: SB616816

Component: CUSTOMER

Summary:

CUSTOMER'S THAT COME EQUIPPED WITH THE "TO MUCH KNOWLEDGE" OPTION THAT WAS INSTALLED BY READING TOO MUCH INTO THE MESSAGE BOARDS AT A SITE CALLED MYSPORTTRAC.COM. THESE CUSTOMERS MAY SHOW INTERMITTENT SIGNS OF BEING OVERLY ANAL RETENTIVE IN REGARDS TO THEIR VEHICLES.

Symptoms:

CONSTANTLY PAYING WEEKLY VISITS TO THE DEALERSHIPS AND COMPLAINING ABOUT UNUSUAL NOISES INSIDE THEIR SPORT TRACS. THESE NOISES VARY WIDELY, EVERYTHING FROM A WOODPECKER SOUND WHILE DRIVING IN REVERSE AT 40MPH AND OVER, TO A LOW ELEPHANT SOUNDING GROAN WHEN OPENING THEIR GLOVE BOX WHILE THE BACK WINDOW IS DOWN AND TURNING RIGHT INTO A STEEP DRIVEWAY.

Repair Procedures:

STRAP CUSTOMER TO A VEHICLE LIFT AND RAISE THEM UP APPROX. 4.5', TAKE A GREASE GUN AND LOAD IT WITH THE NEW FORD #78462 LUBE. INSERT THE GREASE GUN INTO THE CUSTOMER'S OVERLY TIGHT ANAL OPENING AND SQUEEZE APPROX. 18OZ OF LUBE INTO OPENING. THIS PROCEDURE SHOULD WORK WELL FOR LOOSENING THE CUSTOMER UP A BIT.

HOWEVER IF THIS REPAIR PROCEDURE FAILS THEN THE ONLY OTHER AVAILABLE PROCEDURE IS TO CONTACT A MR.RICHARD STERN AT "[email protected]" AND REQUEST HIM TO REMOVE THE CUSTOMER'S ACCESS PRIVILEGES TO THE MYSPORTTRAC.COM SITE

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not funny. When I spend $33,000.00 on a new vehicle, I would like it not to have rattles, creaks, groans, and loud wind noise after a year. While probably meant to be a joke, what is ironic is that it pretty accurately reflects Ford's attitude toward its customers.

Ride in a Ridgeline that has 15,000 miles on it and compare the cabin noise to a SportTrac that has 15,000 miles on it.

Or gavin ride in my wife's 2000 accord with 95000 miles and have the alternator leave you stuck on the side of the road 20 miles from her parents house. my 01 trac has 94000 miles on it and not a problem yet and i sure dont baby my trac either. I know along with most everyone else on this board cars are machines, machines wear out thats why i had job security at a linen and uniform plant, amazingly 900 lb washers would break too, that is why we still have that honda i know things will break.

oh yeah i forgot to mention the seat back fell off, 3 of the 6 lights behind the HVAC controls burnt out, and the srs light from hell (Recall) that Stockton to Malone honda (<---dont go here) keeps reseting and telling us the part checks out fine

:angry:why is honda or toyota the ansewer to everything?? all car makers build a bad ones once in a while and the the more of something there is the more bad ones there will be:rolleyes: were all people putting them together and parts are handled by MANY suppliers things happen and machines do wear and break down sorry but thats the way it is....as far as the ridgline sorry i'll pass it looks like a jacked up accord without a trunk lid anyway:lol:

Trax, thanks for setting the record straight! Hons and Toys are NOT THE ANSWER to all of our auto ills, as most ills are caused by human error or negligence or even faulty or inferior parts. Oh, and of course the management that is responsible for the assembly lines that produce these vehicles, sometimes overruling the workers when a product s in need of fixing right away as the vehicle is flowing down the line. I will say that since FOMOCO is downsizing their production numbers, they should be able to work out the bugs and produce a more reliable product. And, I still LOVE MY TRAC :wub: (01) more than I could ever love a HONDA or TOYOTA!

Ride in a Ridgeline that has 15,000 miles on it and compare the cabin noise to a SportTrac that has 15,000 miles on it.

That should say "compare it to a 2007 SportTrac with 15,000 miles. Mine with 10,000 is quiet as a mouse.

You comparo is apples and oranges. JMO!:)

LOL. Forgot all about that one ToddZ.

Gavin, I think your missing the point. It's making fun of guys that are only finding some odd noise or problem because they frequent this site. If it was not for this addictive site, they would have never noticed it in the first place. I agree with you that a vehicle should hold up. Especially if you paid 33 grand for one. Me, I only paid 19 grand for mine and approaching 5 years of ownership, I think I've gotten my moneys worth despite the somewhat rough ride and occasional rattle. Of course I bought it because it's a truck and was not expecting it to be a luxury vehicle.

Information ( knowledge ) is power. Obviously, Ford doesn't want educated customers.

It makes their BS line tougher to sell, and swallow. I am very happy with the information

I get in this forum. Ford can go pound it !

I can tell you that every time I mention this forum the my Ford dealer, I just get that stupid

look like they have no idea of what this forum is about.

I for one am quite disappointed to see such a TSB from Ford. If that is their idea of a joke,

they can count on not seeing me again in one of their showrooms any time soon.......:eek:

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like steve needs some of that greese. :lol:

Quote:

I was at my favourite fishing lake this last week. A guy with a brand new Ridgeline (only 2000 km on it) got stuck in the sand trying to load his boat. He figured he could do it on the sand since the launch was so busy. He sank to the door sills. Not to worry, Gerry's ST pulled him and the boat out. He wanted to pay me but I refused........I figured it was pay enough to watch those tires spin and the temper flare.

Gerry Mac