tuner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,

The last I heard, Wayne Foy won't be there. I don't know if anyone else might be selling a used one, though.

Dennis, no sir I wont be able to make it due to the impeding birth. But, I am SURE there will be several of my customers there that would let you drive theirs to see the difference my tuning makes :)

Increase in hp and torque, better gas mileage, much better drivability, longer transmission life do to better shift parameters. Basically, I make it run like Ford should have, and make it more fun to drive.

Guys, the better shifts that you'll get from the transmission are reason enough to buy the tuner, the extra HP/mileage are just a huge bonus. You won't have any more of that lag between the gears. It'll shift nearly instantly, but not harshly. I wish I had gotten mine SOONER actually. If you're going to do one thing to your trac, it SHOULD be a tuner.

It's also very simple to use, just plug it into the port below your steering wheel (you can see it pretty easily if you look), push a button and the thing uploads the new program to your computer. It takes about 1 minute and ANYONE can do it.

I would recommend that over EVERY other performance part that I have. The transmission has a lot of potential to give you great, smooth shifts, but it DOESN'T from the factory.

You'll have to talk to wayne about pricing, but in my opinion, it's worth it, no matter the price. It's like a whole new vehicle.

</end of sales pitch haha>

What if your transmission isnt in the best condition?? is it gonna totally destroy it by changing the shift intervals? are these ok on high mileage/ sluggish trannys?

What it did for my transmission is corrected that lull between gears...that 1/2 second lag. I no longer have that. It's a near-instant shift from one gear to the next.

If anything, I'd say it would HELP your old transmission. I don't know for certain though, that's probably a question for Wayne (WFOY).