Turn Signal Switch debacle URGENT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
HELP! To make a long story short the body shop that worked on my truck last year broke the tabs out of the plastic molex that holds the wiring connectors in on my turn signal switch. After my left turn signal and brakes stopped working I ordered a new switch and took the column apart tonight only to find that several wires were out of the holes in the molex. Does anyone have a wiring diagram to tell me which colors go back in which holes? Gawd I hope so. I have no turn signals now and no brake lights and I am the daily day care driver with only one vehicle.

Your wire issue is a common issue. If you click on the FAQ's you will see it listed. You need to give that connector extra wire as when the column tilts, it pulls the wires from the connector.

I am not home right now so I can not give you the info you want, but many have had this issue so someone will hop in with good info for you.

:supercool: I'm assumign the notations (WH/RD) correspond to the wire color in the harness? I hope? Is so, what colors do DB and OG

Dark Blue?

Orange?

GY?

Well, I wired it up, check it twice, even tried it without the grey plastic molex wiring the wires right to the swithc. Still no turn signals or brake lights. Tried both the new and the old multifunction.

Any other ideas guys?

Latest posts