TURN SIGNAL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I had a turn signal bulb go out when I engaged the turn signal and heard a quick clicking sound. The back turn signal didn't light, but the front one signaled at the quick clicking pace I was hearing. I went and bought the bulbs, looked up the project that referred to replaing the bulb, did that, tested it , and it was fine. Later I get into my ST to run some errands and lo and behold, the clicking sound and no rear turn signal is back. Could someone tell me what the problem is, and how to correct this.

Thanks,

Oleh

There have been a number of posts here regarding this problem. It appears as though the

wiring harness inside the steering column is too short and becomes disconnected with the use of the tilt wheel. Do a search on the topic and you'll find quite a bit of info.

Dan

My dealer replaced the connector under warranty, but if you are out of warranty, you can most likely remove the cover from the steering column and pull some slack and zip tie the connector together. They fixed mine while waiting for the parts to replace by simply pressing the pin in that had been pulled lose.