Ugh Another Tranny Post/Q

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
Took my Trac to the shop because of a 2~3 slip. In the process of doing what they did they reflashed tranny. I had my 93 octance performance tune already on there... by them flashing it will it hinder my tranny and tune? I am guessin the safest bet is to flash my computer back to stock. Reinstall my Perf tune in my Xcal and then flash the Perform tune back on... main concern... driving it from the dealership back home where I can do all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think the dealer tune overwrote your performance tune and you shouldn't have any problems. That being said, the new flash probably won't be compatible with the new factory tune and you will need new programs for the x-cal. I believe when the factory/dealer flashed the pcm it changes the pcm code ie the code noted on the outside of the pcm.

All this being said, whenever the truck goes to the dealer even if you don't expect the dealer to work with or on the pcm <b><font color="red">ALWAYS, ALWAYS, FLASH BACK TO STOCK OR REMOVE YOUR PERFORMANCE CHIP</font></B>

Generally they will upgrade your pcm without telling you if an upgrade is availabe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap!

So now I am to assume that whatever I had on there is now erased and returned to some new stock tune? And when they reflashed the computer it caused all of my other tunes to be no longer be any good?!?!?!! So what now? I have to erase all the tunes I purchased order new ones and reinstall??

What a headache! and more $ :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

All this being said, whenever the truck goes to the dealer even if you don't expect the dealer to work with or on the pcm ALWAYS, ALWAYS, FLASH BACK TO STOCK OR REMOVE YOUR PERFORMANCE CHIP

Generally they will upgrade your pcm without telling you if an upgrade is availabe

Woppy you have been on here long enough, that you have read this over and over.

Good luck..:blink:

Eddie I know.... I know.... Only problem was I dropped it off in the morning figured I could get my XCal when I got off work and go over to the dealership and send her back to stock before they got around to doing anything. But for the first time Ford was quick to move! argh... time for some more tunes....

I think I need to start selling these...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Woppy, don't jump to conclusions. Though I'm 99% positive my info is accurate, double check with whoever programmed your xcal and be sure. Worst case, I'm right and you have to get reprogrammed.

As far as running back to the dealer and returning to stock, I wouldn't ever take that chance. Every dealer/service dept. is different but I wouldn't want them to see me doing this as it could lead to an excuse to not work on your vehicle. I have a manual tranny and had it in the shop once for repair. Though the pcm has nothing to do with the manual tranny they decided to diagnose the pcm anyhow. Found the chip and refused to repair the trac stating the chip had damaged the tranny.

I'm under the impression if you plug in the xcal it will let you know if it is still compatible with the pcm via code but I would definately check with your tuner.

Well I'll give it a swing in the morning... other than that I just have to wait till monday when Bama Chips opens. :wacko: