Unbelievable

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
I cant believe these things are still on the market. They were a joke 20yrs ago. Now they cost twice as much on sale. Group buy anyone:lol::lol::lol::lol::wacko:

[Broken External Image]:

Eddie.....with the way the cost of fuel is going.....these ppl are coming out of the 'woodwork'

Let's go in business together....I've got a device where I'll guarantee 10 times your money back. You will save at least $15 bucks at every fill-up. I'd like to call it "Fuel Saver Max"

How does it work?

Let me explain......

I got this idea from you know....... those devices you place in the tank of your toilet to save water? Same principle.......

You place this device into your fuel tank and you will be pumping less gas and saving $$$ at the gas station. I figure you'll save at least the cost of 4 gal of gas.

The device will more than pay for itself after just one fill-up.....we could sell these at a modest $10.00 ea. Our cost $1.50 ea leaving a net profit of $8.50 per unit sold. Comes with a lifetime warrantee. Easy to install, no tools required.

:):D:lol::rolleyes:;)

I'm thinking of placing this item out on Ebay.......ppl on there buy just about anything and everything. :lol:

I suppose we could charge 24.95 and offer a discount for units sold in multi-packs. The more units you place in your tank, the more you save. :)

Sorry DesertFox, my son already invented the item. 20 years ago he put about 20 marbles in my trucks gas tank. The damn thing would run great, then just loose power for no reason. I'd take the carb off, clean it at it would run perfect for a while. Findly traded it in because I couldn't find the problem. Told me a couple of years ago while he was visiting.

20 years ago he put about 20 marbles in my trucks gas tank

You'd think you would have heard something rattling around back there :)

There are 'things' I've done when I was a kid that my folks didn't find out about till I was in my 30's. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more snake oil to laugh at..

They claim:

60 more HP

55 more ftlb torque.

15-17 MORE MPG city

18 to 20 MORE MPG Hwy.

edit.. "Installs with only a pair of pliers" HAHA

Hmmm.. I bet Ford could sell the hell out of ST's if they got 35 MPG City, and 40 MPG hiway !!

Laugh away !! :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Geeez......

I'm now even starting to get a bunch of this crap claiming better gas milage in my junk email folder. I'm sure there are many out there that are getting desperate to try something with the way the gas prices are going. :wacko:

Yes, it's sad but true. People are still looking for miricles and so there are plenty of scammers out there willing to take their money.

Even sadder is the fact that the people who spend the money on this kind of crap will defend their purchase by swearing they actually get better gas mileage. It's just the placebo effect. Some scammer convinces them it works and they believe it, and start watching the gas mileage more closely and subconsciencely they alter their driving habits and suddenly they get better mileage....Wow that thing must really work. And they convince their friends to buy one because it works for them.

....Rich

Latest posts