Under Hood Pieces

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Kong

Reaction score
Under the hood there are a couple of items I had questions on and maybe someone can help me out.

1. Back near the firewall, on the passenger side there is some tin foil looking material that I presume is some sort of heat reflector/shield. Anyone know what that material is called and if it is available? Even a substitute material is fine, it need not be OEM if OEM is unavailable.

2. Between the air box and the back of the headlight there is a flexible piece that the air intake silencer butts up against. The plastic piece has a hole in it that matches the end of the air intake silencer. What is its function and is it required? I took out my silencer (and drawing first blood since getting my ST...my first knucklebuster injury :angry: ) but I did not put that little shield piece back in yet.

Any info appreciated. THANK YOU.

I have an under hood conical open filter. So I left that plastic piece out for more cool air. I think I have seen that insulating material At JC Whitney..