Under rear seat storage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought from K-Mart little storage boxes that were slide out drawers. Bought three of them. Fit very well. Kids used them all the time for their stuff...

Kevin,

Could you post a picture, when you get a chance, of how those slide out drawers look?

I'm not interested in putting any amp under the rear seat and what you describe would not only provide some storage, but might also keep other things from sliding out of reach under those seats. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Bob

I sold the Trac but still have the containers. I'll take pics once I get the kids off to school this morning for you and post them here...

Batteries were dead in my camera so I used my PDA.. Hope the pic is clear enough for you. I had three of these under the rear seats. Worked very well.

The pic shows it with the drawer slid out a few inches. Self contained unit. When it is closed nothing can spill out of it.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Only on a few RARE occasions where I had to STAND on the brakes did the drawers open and move the containers just a bit once the drawer bottomed out...

I think the rubber mat must have held them in place pretty well...

I bought these at K-Mart for like $5.00 each or so.

For that matter. I have bought a new Lexus. If I cant use these in my new car I'll sell them to someone that wants/needs them...

Thanks, those will be a big improvement over the cardboard box I use now. Gotta put it in the bed or leave it home when I take other people in the Trac.

Thanks Kevin.

One more thing, if you could? Since you still have the drawers, could you please provide the measurements of them? :)

Thanks,

Bob

Will do. I am in the airport right now. I will do it when I get back tonight. I am flying to Phiily and back so it is a short day for me.

I'll get it poszted after 9pm ish.

Will do. I am in the airport right now. I will do it when I get back tonight. I am flying to Phiily and back so it is a short day for me.

I'll get it poszted after 9pm ish.

OK, with the drawer closed it measures:

14 3/4 long

7 3/4 wide

5 3/4 tall.

And I do have three of these if no one finds what they are after. I can not use them in my Lexus as it has built in storage...

I recall folding them down only once to get to some stuff I had behind the seat. I do not recall if the seat(s) hit the containers though.

Sorry...

Coastie, yours look EXACTLY like the one I bought at WalMart a few days back for almost $5 (I bought one).

And, mine didn't fit.

It did "just" slide under seat, but as I pushed it back it hit a raised bump in the floor where the rear of each seat fastens (about 3/4" rise), and that kept it from going back any further. It made the front 3-4 inches hang out under the seat.

If I had some that were the same width and height, but about 11" long, I would be happier.

Oh, another questions, jlevin75 asks about folding down the seats with these in place...why would that be an issue? Am I missing something?

TJR

Okay, I am missing it...what does folding the seats down have to do with things?

Does the seatback compress the seat cushion down into the void under the seat when in the down position, reducing the height of that space?

Must be, but I didn't think they did, that's why I asked.

Guess I need to go check...

TJR,

when you fold the seats down, the seat bottom slides forward and down. I crushed a number of cds and 1 umbrella this way.

Latest posts