Undercover Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Ordered this cover from Autoanything.com. It's a 'Evolution 4' cover by Covercraft and it's custom-fitted for the Sport Trac. This one cost me ~$185, plus ~$8 for storage bag, and $7 for cable lock. I've used it just once and looks and feels to be of very good quality. It'd be impractical for me to use it on a daily basis because I work very early in the morning (and usually running late), and since morning dew will always be present (covered or not), my Trac will always attract dirt. Covering my Trac under these circumstances will only get the inside of the cover dirty and potentially promote swirls on the Trac's paint.

I bought it mainly to cover my Trac after washing it at the end of one day and finishing it up the following morning. I was hoping it would keep my Trac dry from morning dew, but it didn't. It absorbed most of it but I guess there's no stopping the moisture coming from underneath. My Trac's first birthday is coming up later this summer and I'm sure to give her a full detailing which will span over a few days. The cover will see plenty of use then.

[Broken External Image]:

I thought about getting a cover for mine. But if the lady buying my condo ever finishes the paperwork I will just put it in the garage at the new place I live. "IF" she gets the paperwork done, it's driving me crazy :wacko:. Really starting to regret selling my place. But I will also be doing the same to mine on its birthday.

be careful using a cover.... if there is any dust/dirt on the paint and the cover rubs against it, you'll end up with scratched clearcoat.

Ain't no substitute for a garage :)

Latest posts