Underdrive Pulley

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Noble

Reaction score
I found another performance product.:D

MOTOBLUEâ„¢ 20% Under-drive Crank Pulley

2005 FORD MUSTANG 4.0L V6 F/I MOTOBLUEâ„¢ 20% Under-drive Crank Pulley

How will the MOTOBLUEâ„¢ Under-drive Crank Pulley improve my trucks performance?

The MOTOBLUEâ„¢ Under-drive Crank Pulley increases engine horsepower and fuel mileage by reducing the amount of power required to drive external engine accessories. For example, the alternator, power steering, water pump and air compressor rob horsepower from the engine. By replacing factory-sized crank pulley with the MOTOBLUEâ„¢ Under-drive Crank Pulley, the accessories are slowed, resulting in more horsepower available to the drive wheels. The MOTOBLUEâ„¢ Under-drive Crank Pulley adds 12.3 HP and 16.2 ft/Lb Torque, and increase mileage by 2 to 3 MPG.

The MOTOBLUEâ„¢ Under-drive Crank Pulley manufactured from Billet Steel and Aluminum, exceeding factory quality. Installs in less than 1 hour and requires only basic mechanical knowledge.

[Broken External Image]:

Those are good numbers for a UDP. Not only that, it's only a 20% underdrive, so you won't lose amps, or burn up your a/c compressor.

You're right though, the best thing for performance for the ST was Ford dropping the motor in the 'Stang.

Thats weird, I thought the 4.0L pulley was simply a bolt on style, Not needing the whole balancer and all replaced..

The pic could be wrong..

i KNEW the performance stuff would start.... AND the 4.0L mustang v6 and the st use the exact same OEM pulley..

GOOD FIND!

This keeps up, i may not get the 07 st...LOL

Todd Z

Just need confirmation the balancing and such is good for the ST...

EDIT. I emailed them to see...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
The black headlights still work...LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Todd Z

Funny, ASP was working on an UDP for the 4.0 a couple of years ago and gave up cause they couldn't get it to work properly. I wonder if this is their design or they are just distributing....

(May be an image representation.)

Part No.: asp526400

Got to love the internet....

Todd Z

I am glad it comes with a harmonic balancer.

Miata owners have had catastrophic engine failure because an underdrive pulley did not come with a harmonic balancer. It only happened with Miata's that had forced induction installed. No forced induction installed no engine failures. Forced Induction with no pulley, no problems. Both pulley and forced induction, engine failes.

Because it comes with the harmonic balancer, it is a good thing. It might cost more then it would without, but the safety is worth the extra cost.

Tom

Bill,

If it were summer, I would bet on myself, wintertime is a different story. I am not into working on car when the weather is getting cooler.

Tom

Bill-E.. Nothing... Save your money

I may get it next month,,, 3 paychecks that month..

Todd Z

So, according to the graph, you need around 5k rpm for it to give you a real gain? :blink:

Or am I misunderstanding the graph?...:huh:

As a previous owner of performance pulleys on various vehicles, here's a little question to consider. Does the tensioner allow enough flex to make up for the new extra slack on the belt due to the smaller diameter of the pulley?