unleashed tuning

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad linkhart

Reaction score
After several months of running torries 93 performance tune i finally decided to try the 87 tune today. ***** rating for the 93 tune all around. MPG suffered at first but that was purely on me the last 3 tanks were 21.4,20.9, 20.7 average for the tank that self figuring not the ecu. note i am completely stock besides the tune on a 4.6. things to note so far for the 87 is the shift is a lot softer but that may be in my head will update as i get some seat time.

Keep us posted !!

:banana::banana::driving::driving::driving:

Well I'm now a few tanks in and can say I like the 87 tube just as much as the 93. Not quite as peppy but still a world better than stock. And today for giggles with gps intact on a long straight no traffic my truck hit 136mph and it was still pulling. I know completely stupid. I was shocked but gotta get higher speed rated tires for runs like that.

136 mph? Not saying your truck can't do that but I do wonder if your speedo is correct. When you installed the tune did you change the tire rotations per mile setting? What is the outside diameter of your tires? Have you checked your speedo's accuracy? Mile marker posts will tell you if you are close.

I know I'm a little late to the tread but how do you get the tunes that you are referring to? And are the loaded on to the cpu?

Contact Torrie at UnleashedTuning.com. He can hook you up. He is the best when it comes to custom tunes for Sport Tracs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the SCT 3 tuner from Torrie along with 3 tunes. I have since gotten many revisions and actually got him to write me a couple more for a nominal fee. He really knows our trucks and the tunes make a huge difference. Probably the most bang for your buck when it comes to mods

Latest posts