Update on "kicking" tranny (07 V8 4x4 LTD)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
After taking my Trac in on Friday, the service guy said that they had to contact Ford HQ to try to get to the bottom of this. Ford came back with a recommendation to "replace the mechatronic assembly" -- even the service guy did not initially know what a mechatronic assembly was (REAL CONFORTING). He thought it was another term for a valve body, which he "confirmed" was correct. This is a valve body under the trans. He had to order the part, and would contact me when it came in. At least one of the technicians experienced the kicking feel upon stopping.

Well, the part is in, and I have scheduled to go back next Monday (too much work + little league going on). Not sure if this is an all day job or not, or this will eventually fix my problem. Anyone who knows about this part and/or knows appx how long it would take? Please chime in -- and thanks for all the input so far. Sorry Bootsy, can't tell you yet if this is the problem. Will update after next Monday . . .

Thanks for the update. After she goes in and gets "fixed" let us know. I currently "can not" drive until I go get another drivers license, mine was stolen this weekend.