update on trac...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
Well, i took my trac into MY ford dealer last night...Emerling.no more crap with west herr...it took them 1.5 hours to find it was the 4wd module...cost me $105...now its $240 to fix it...gettin it next month. thats all set...but my trac still has a rough idle..when i drive after awhile, then put it in park or neutral it will try to stall and sometimes succeed...i had my alternator load tested-putting out 113 amps...thats not a problem.. i cleaned the IAC, but i never oiled it? didnt know i had to...does this have anything to do with it?? I tried fuel injecotr fluid and high octance gas...no help???

Thanks

Andy

The oil would be helpful but probably not your issue on the idle stumble.

Check this hose...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Coastie, just checked...didnt find anythin broken open on that elbow...i went through my service manuals, and foudn that i had thta replaced at about 75k....all im thinking now, is new plugs wires fuel filter pcv and adjust timing...i found bosch platinum +4 for 6 bucks each and bosch wires for 60 at autozone..anything agains them??

thanks

andy

Thanks Troy... i did that too, but its still idling rough...all of these things helped SOME, but i took it to my local garage and they think the IAC itself is worn out...ANy idea how much these cost to replace??

Thanks

Andy