Upgrade Exhaust - recommendations

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2002 Sport Trac 2WD with standard engine equipped with the K&N Filter Kit.

Since I have more free flow air coming into the engine I'd like to match it with more free flow air coming out. Not quite ready to tackle headers and stuff but I'd like to install a simple (cat back, no cutting, no welding) single pipe free flow exhaust system. There are several of them out there but you really can't tell what they will sound like from a picture. Bottom line I'd like one thats as quiet as possible. The Trac interiors are very noisy as they are and I don't want to have to buy an upgraded stereo to compensate. Does anyone have any recommendations or a good/bad experience with any of the exhaust upgrades available and where did you purchase from?

thanks - Excalibur

Todd Z has the magnalow exhaust on his 04 and it is very quiet, but better then stock.

The exhaust clips are linked below. Good luck with it!!!

Paul H

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Magna-Flow cat back kit on my '04. Easy install, all stainless. Nice sound on throttle up but no drone in the cab at cruising speeds.

i must have a different set of ears as there was a drone in the cabin of the magnaflow on todd's adren ( my old trac ) :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats tire noise, your ears are just sooo shot, you cant tell the differance.... LOL :eek::eek:

Todd Z

i've got a flowmaster 40 series delta-flow muffler (single in single out) coming out to a long 4" truck tip on my trac, sounds great to me and isn't annoying on the freeway.