V8 Sport Trac Adrenalin (2WD & AWD) - How many were made?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

1st post and it's an attempt to see if anyone has official production numbers on the Sport Trac Adrenalin trucks with the V8?

I was looking at them, as well as, the V8 Colorado back in 2013. I found a 3LT package Colorado in the color I wanted 1st. Since Inhave made that purchase, I have started an official registry. I have all but 5 VINs now and there were a total of 768 3LT Colorado Sport Trucks produced between 2009 through 2012. The breakdown is below. It took me awhile to put the data together, but im almost at a point where I can compile rarity info based on color and options for each year and cab configuration.

SmartSelectImage_2018-05-07-18-22-23.jpg

With the way automobiles are going, I suspect that the Dodge Dakota R/T, V8 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin, and the 3LT Colorado/3SC Canyon will go down in history as the last V8 Mid-Sized pickups produced by the big 3.

Hoping someone has worked on this or wants to work on this for the V8 Adrenalins. If anyone could point me in the right direction would be really appreciated.

If no one has started it, I could get it going by obtaining 1 VIN for each year they were produced. With each VIN it will allow me to perform a like VIN search to pull the list cor each model year. Then in the future I could process the VINs to compile rarity info if it isn't already available.

Appreciate the time. For info on my 3LT Colorado/3SC Canyon Registry, visit the thread below.

https://www.355nation.net/forum/v8-engine-drivetrain/193354-colorado-3lt-canyon-3sc-registry.html

Lastly, I also leave you with a picture on my high mileage 3LT for the Ford fanboys.

user21810_pic106538_1499512730.jpg

Last edited:
So far I have put together that EU as the 4th and 5th digits in the VIN mean it is an Adrenalin package Sport Trac. So far, this is what I have deduced based off of internet sales ads...

I haven't found any 2009 2WD V8 Sport Trac Adrenalins yet to know that it isn't the same as 08 like the AWD.

1FMEU338 = 2008 2WD V8 Sport Trac Adrenalin
1FMEU238 = 2008 AWD 2009 AWD V8 Sport Trac Adrenalin
1FMEU3D8 = 2010 2WD V8 Sport Trac Adrenalin
1FMEU2D8 = 2010 AWD V8 Sport Trac Adrenalin

1 problem... for some reason a like VIN search isn't as easy to perform with Ford VINs... So I may and may not be able to start building a list of VINs from like VIN searchs. With the VINs I have So far, Instill may be able to pull rarity info. Should know more by the end of the week.

Maybe someone will chime in with more data that www.rarevettes.com can offer. Here is what they have. Just rumored and data for 2010. No source mentioned though. Hi way to know how reliable the data is.

http://www.rarevettes.com/sta.php

Last edited:
Awesome! Was your process similar to mine? I've had to get every VINs build data (RPO Listing). Right now I have completed my database enough to understand what GM did on a couple grey areas and why they possibly did it. I also found the experimental VIN that was used in testing for the platform. I'm still working on a website and setting up a database so owners can pull rarity info themselves based on their own build data.

One day, I may seek out a 2WD V8 White one. Would be nice to have my 3LT and a V8 Adrenalin in one stable.

My man! Haha...

Basically the same thing I was going to do. I thought about doing it 100% VBA within excel using a usersform for folks to click radio buttons to select the options to combine for rarity calculations. But I have decided I'll write some SQL and use excel to pull the data from the database. That way I don't have to have any VINs available in the file that end users are using. I can open it up to public use and not just members of the registry.

My end use is slightly different, but I don't have near the data load to handle. This is the 1st time I've dealt with anything like a registry.