vibration at idle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydawg74

Reaction score
Hey guys. My trac has developed a weird vibration while sitting at stop lights, traffic, etc. basically anytime I'm at idle and in drive. It feels like it's coming from the engine or drive train and rattles the glove compartment like some teenager is next to me with a booming bass system! I haven't tried to change gears or anything like that. My body mounts look really good but I haven't really checked engine or tranny mounts. It does it whether the truck is flat, inclined or declined. All of the unsealed (oil, tranny, power steering etc) fluid levels are all good. I was under the trac yesterday and noticed some fluid dripping from where the driveshaft joint enters the transfer case. I'm guessing that's a seal? I don't know it's that's what causing the vibration or not. What do you guys think?

dose your side door mirrors vibrate? when this happens ? if so its motor mounts just had my motor mounts replace and it too care of it everything is soild now

first check all motor and trans mount. You will need a floor or bottle jack. To make sure they havent seperated.

Second it could be your Idle is droping too low with a load.

Use the jack on each side of the motor. What I do is use a wood block on the edge of the oil pan. not on the pan. lift the motor. Look at the mounts. see if they are seperated or have heavy cracks, in the rubber.

For the trans mount find a good pac to do the same. Look fo the same probem.

GL

Latest posts