Visors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KEVIN BRODIE

Reaction score
i am wanting to get some of those things that go around your windows so you can crack them when its raining and i was wandering where i should buy them

Check your auto parts store, any labeled to fit Explorer or Explorer Sport Trac will work. I suggest getting the "in-channel" ones by Auto VentShades (AVS). Also, you can get Ford OEM ones from www.fordpartsfast.com (Part# F77Z 18246 BA, $69)....but you can get them for around $35 if you get the AVS brand at a store, or online.

TJR

Don't "wander" any farther than your local Advance Auto Store, where I got mine.

$39.99 for the set of four, plus tax.

Be very careful about the "in channel" visors, though, as myself and several other people I have talked to have had problems with these. They look better, overall, but you must install them

very carefully, and make sure the felt on the inside of the window channel is perfectly

clean, to avoid the visors from coming loose after the first few hundred miles, or first few

weeks or days!

Advance Auto or Auto Zone. If they don't have them in stock, they can order them. Sometimes the windows can stick going up for the first week or two but after a while they get used to each other.

I've had to spot-glue some corners on my rear visors because I guess the adhesive wore off and the windows would catch. Don't be discouraged, it's an easy mod, relatively inexpensive, functional (although some moisture still manages to enter the cabin while driving on the freeway IME), and most of all looks great on the Trac!

After I installed by visors against the frlt trim I left my windows up for about 24 hours, also when I installed the the weather was warm.

After 24 hours the windows, and the visor themselves look and sealed well.

No leaks, just a solid attachment.

Hope this helps.

Pete 03

Latest posts