Wal-Mart Oil

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret Pardew

Reaction score
What exactly is Wal-Mart oil? I have beenb told that it is good oil sold as surpluss and bottled by Wal-Mart...???....??? Not exactly sure whatthat means, but the bottle does closely resemble some other major brand.

Any insight to this?

The price is great and have trouble not buying this.

Thanks,

Bret

Years ago most Wall-mart oil was made primarily by Quaker State. Someone I know that works for Wall-mart recently told me a packaging company is now distributing all of Wall-marts Super-Tech line and that what you get may differ from one store to another. So these days you never know what your getting.

There is no exact answer to the question as Walmart sources its lubes from different suppliers depending on location. Most of the dino oil is packaged by Warren. Generally, you will see a W on the bottom of the bottle or the name Warren. In other parts of the US, the formulation is identical to Exxon Super Flo without any trace element. The synthetic is mostly Warren Gp III dino synthetic but again you may also find some bottled by Safety Kleen which is a recycled Gp III, which actually is a good oil. All of Wallys oils met minimum API standards and have weak additive packages. As long as you are aware of this and change oil around 3500 miles or so the engine should outlast normal ownership. There are quite a few engines on the road today using Wallys oil that have exceeded 200,000 miles. Kinda makes synthetic a rip off. Your engine, your money, my .02

I've run "Wally World " oil (SuperTech) in both my Sport tracs; 5W-30 , change it faithfully at 3K (w/filter) & have had fine performance.....90K on older one & probably have saved over $300 vs. synthetics....hard to measure any long term wear/tear issues but so far so good!...put the savings towards a more essential fluid....like BEER!!!!

ftby59...I agree, (on the BEER part, anyways!).

By the way, Bret, what is "Surplus Oil"? The "Petroleum Gods" at Exxon have said there

is no such thing?!?!:cool::unsure::blink::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Latest posts