want to do a simple lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
hey guys need a question answered i want a simple lift in the truck but dont want to go for the super lift 1500 bucks and thats not installed. i see on this sight some of you cranked up the torsion bars and put shackles in. how do you do the torsion twist and where would i get the shackles and how much lift does this give. ive heard 2-2 1/2 inches any help would be appreciated. ps i will be shocked if todd z doesnt answer first:p

Do a search. there is alot of info on the TT and shackle lift. the sahckles will run about $50-$90 and the rest is free until you have to have it aligned. also if you go to high you have to get longer camber bolts. Not to expensive.;)

Here is a link to 1 1/4" shacles and search the site. You can go higher if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember that after you to the TT and shackles you're going to need a re-alignment done on the ST... That's another $40.

~Josh

if you have a 4x4 do not go over 1.5" a 4x2 go until you don't like the way it rides.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts