Warranty Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
When I bought my '02 I bought the premium care warranty with the 5 year 60,000 mile coverage. I am now at 51,000 and thinking I will be keeping it for a while. Is it possible to now get the 7 year 100,000 mile warranty?

Also, I know I have a deductible but have to check on the amount. If I go in for a few things like leather steering wheel, radio bezel, etc. will the deductible apply to the total charge or each individual item?

Thanks,

George

To extend the warranty now will cost almost 1K bucks....

You can go to spartains website and enter the info and see...

As far as the deductible goes i think it is on each occurrence, not the individual part. So get everything looked at at one time..

Todd Z

deductible is in fact on each trip to the service dept, not for individual item. If you have to come back for same issues, ensure that it will be a continuation so the deductible is already paid.

i know i got the premium bumper to bumper warrantee when i purchased my Trac. it was the deal maker. i pulled the guy in on his day off (4th of July) and told him either add it in and do not make my payments go up or im going home in my Acura. he said he couldnt so i headed for the door and he chased me and said that id be killing him if he did it but that he would do it...... if i was killing him then he wouldnt have done the sale.... we all know how that works. i know im covered the norm 3/36000 and an additional 1 yr 12,000 on bumper to bumper. i think i got a decent deal huh.

look in to aftermarket warranty's i bought mine at the dealer when i purchased mine

last month and it gave me 3/36k on top of the current mileage, bumper to bumper for $1200 with $100 deductable per visit good anywhere in the US.

When I got my 2002 Trac, I stright up told anyone involved that if you ask me about the extended warranty, I would walk out the door.

Nothing but a waste of money. More times then not, a warranty will never work out in your favor. If it did, it wouldn't be offered.

Tom