WATER-4-GAS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph Caruso

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the "water4gas.com" web sight? This sounds good but will it do what they say, increase gas milage by 25 to 75% ?

If any one has tried this I would like to hear from you.

Thanks

jac

Clarksburg, WV

Taken from a biodiesel forum:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by wallew

OK, he's ALREADY into testing with US military who is using a hummer. AND he's had contact from at least one auto manufacturer. He's either gonna end up richer than Bill Gates or dead pretty quickly. This all started because he wanted a safer fuel for acetylene for welding. He was successful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOrry, but you can't turn water into a fuel without expending more energy than you can get back (i.e. by electrolyzing it to get hydrogen - most likely what he's doing).

quote:

He HAS been issued a patent for the process of producing the 'safer fuel'.

You can patent essentially anything.

quote:

I saw him grab the end of a lit torch with his bare hands.

Huh? So it doesn't burn hot?

quote:

Then he got to thinking, what else could this be used for. He has a VW station wagon that he has his machine hooked up to. He ran 100 miles on four ounces (yeah, OUNCES) of water. It's currently a hybrid (can run on gas also).

SOrry, but this is just plain giberish. Unless the laws of thermodynamics have been repealed, or he's somehow discovered dark matter (he he). ----------------- Newbies read <a href="http://forums.biodieselnow.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5097"target=top>]this</a> thread before my head explodes

In the end, like all fuel savers, if they really worked they would be incorporated into the original design.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figure with the way the gas prices are going, that site will be getting alot of interest and people that don't know any better will prob buy something like that.

If you really want to save a bundle on gas and get major mpg's.....install a pole and raise a sail in your bed and try to drive down wind.

I have seen a system like that in operation. It was running a lawnmower.

Would it really work in an automobile? I doubt it.

Tom

This is not new they have been around since the 50's that I know of. I had one on the wifes mustang it was made by edelbrock and was used to help with the low 89 gas in a 11.5 to 1 motor (351C 4V 1971) It did away with the ping and used about a gal. of water to a tank of gas. The edelbrock was elec and vacuum powered worked good the motor pulled a good 11 MPG. They don't make more mpg. Bill

TomT, though logically slowing down makes sense, experience here on the board, mine included, dictate that the tracs best mileage is obtained in the 75 mph range. Obviously, this is highway driving. Maybe other vehicles fall into this category but the trac, according to some/many of us, does not.

I wouldn't think you could get better gas mileage at 75 then 65 but I'm the last person to do something like that anyway. When I get into a vehicle, I just want to get from point A to point B as fast as I am able. Don't care if it costs me a dollar or two more. Besides, down here in Texas you would get run over doing anything less than 75.