Water Spots :(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 65037

Reaction score
Anyone know the best way to get rid off water spots on the windows and tinted ones? I've tired alots older stuff my friends and family has that is supposed to remove them. It seems it does but comes back in a hour or so when it finally finishs drying. Any suggestion to anything new on the market? I did hear about very very fine sandpaper but i'll try that last :p

SAm

Also I only got 1 key from the dealership.. I got ripped I know.. But is there any cheaper way to get another key besides the dealership??

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get a cheep second key, but the dealership has to reprogram the system in your truck, No one else can do it...

There is a locksmith as a member here, or Ebay for the key blank..

Water spots on the glass can be removed with vinegar on newspaper....

I like liquid glass spray foam for window washing..

Todd Z

Just about any automotive buffing compound will take care of the spots. A buffer with a wool bonnet and a fine compound such as the microfine 3M product works great. Do not even think about using sandpaper! The glass can be buffed by hand, but it takes too much effort for the results. The buffer set at about 1200-1800 rpm works best.

Thanks for the posts :D and the old 1. Was sifting threw some just didn't go back far enough :p

Bon-Ami cleanser. It won't scratch the glass. Good for getting road grit off too. Scrub it, rinse it, dry it, then top it with Rain-X.

Ummm..........:unsure:Windex.No just kidding i am not sure what product but i know that the windows have to be cooled down and not in direct sunlight or that will hapeen.(tried helping the most)

Good Luck