way too close for me...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dziubina

Reaction score
i'm responding with my emergency lights on today (edit* in my sport trac, '01 job 1) to a call for EMS...as i'm going to turn onto the street where the call was, the engine stalled and i lost control...ran the truck up a bank but managed to steer away from the trees...

i had the same problem last winter...i know its the IAC/Vacuum...but i guess its time to take it seriously...

another member also posted the same problem a week ago i believe...had to keep the on the gas and ride the brakes home...

worst of all...i had cops yelling at me because they thought i was just driving like a donkey's rear...and a guy witnessed what happened after he yielded to my lights and he had to stop and ask me if i was ok...so then i really felt like an idiot...

and the call i was responding to ended up being a fatality despite our best efforts:(

time to get it fixed...i think i need an alignment too:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Magular - i was driving my Sport trac sorry forgot to include that...you can see pics in my library...if you were thinking i dammaged the truck, i didnt...thats why i took no pics...

Roger - thank you very much for the pics...very helpful...