Webby's 07 XLT V8 4x4

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Weber 2

Reaction score
Really happy with swappin' my 03 for the 07...v8 is great and the ride quality, handling, is simply another generation from the 03.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

It is my daily drive, I drive the 97 Rodeo (tera transfer case, rear locking diff, bilstein 5100s, gyear wrangler MTRs) 1-2 days a week to keep the seals lubed, it is my real offroad guy.

But I want to do some things with my ST, like camping, scenic trail running, accessing off the path places for canoing, hiking, etc.

Looking to put my accessory dollars towards that end, other than the standard wind deflectors, bed mat, etc.

I woud love to get a pop up camper, tow it, camp, enjoy the outback, get the roof racks and put my space carrier (I bought originally for the Rodeo) up there, and head out...

Put simply, I want to live the marketing hype that sells this vehicle, not be one of those who just "drives" the part.

I used to do this stuff in Cali, with my Rodeo, real outback adventures in the Anza Borrego desert, and in Mexico, south of Ensenada, but it is time to pass the torch, except now I live in KC, MO...

Here is the beast, and I do mean that, the ride compared to the 07 is virtually primitive, but off road, seriously, this guy is unreal...the swapped out transfer case, the rear locked diff, and when I air down the gyear wranglers, that and the 5100 Bilsteins...

Latest posts