Weekend's over... A tale of miles, mods, and that new car smell!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Matthews

Reaction score
Well, the Mustang goes back to Ford in the morning so they can put all the parts on it. I ended up putting 240 miles on it since 2 pm on Friday! Man, that car is freakin' sweet! I took it over to my cousin's today, as he had 2 first generation Stangs, and was my 'mentor' for fast cars when I was younger. I let him drive it in exchange for helping me install an Airaid intake. (He thought I was nuts to be putting new parts on it at 160 miles! We'll see what they say at the dealership tomorrow...) He thanked me for letting him drive it 1) because it was fun, and 2) because now he knows he couldn't have one because he'd get in trouble with one!!! :lol:

I'll miss that new car smell while I 'give it back'... Driving it takes me back to the tour of the the Rogue River plant in Dearborn I got to take as a kid.

Hope you guys get your rigs this week!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
How sweet it is! My brother traded in his 01 Cobra for an 07 GT convertible this week and brought it over to show me. He let me drive it and it is AWESOME! Considering I just finished traffic school (did 36 in a 25 zone), I hear your cousin on #2! Congrats on the new ride!:D:D:D

Congrats.... (lucky SOB).....:eek::eek:

Todd Z

Scott,

I'm having them install FordRacingParts headers, and an FR500 handling package, along with a Hurst short throw shifter to go along with the Airaid intake I installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet car, welcome to the stang family..... got it back in 05, and its got only 400 miles on it

[Broken External Image]:

Richard.

I doubt that my Stang will have only 400 miles on it when it's 2 years old... Hell, I put 230 miles on it the first weekend I had it!!! The trip up to my house in Tahoe & back is 200 miles alone. A couple thousand a year, most likely.

Well, the first of the bad news is rolling in. The Hurst shifter is back ordered from Hurst, as EVERYONE seems to want one. No telling how long that's gonna take...