Well I did it...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Matthews

Reaction score
I just got home from Downtown Ford... I ordered a new Mustang GT California Special convertible today! I wanted the Grabber Orange, but since the GT/CS is a limited edition, it only comes in white, black, redfire metallic, or vista blue metallic. I went with the blue. Fully loaded with the 3.55 limited slip rear end, and I'm ordering some parts from Fordracingparts.com to finish it off. Stuff like an high flow air filter & MAF sensor, shorty headers, FR500 handling package, short throw shifter, 18" chrome rims, and some cosmetic goodies...

So now the waiting begins...

But I can't wait!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
SST,

I may be contacting you concerning the GT/CS stripes. Seems that Ford's only making them in black, and I wanted white ones. So I'll be taking matters into my own hands on that problem. Gonna have white ones made, have the black ones removed, and the white ones installed.

Chet,

I won't know until next week how long it's going to take. IF Ford picks up the order this week, I'm looking at 6 weeks. But since it's a ragtop, and winter's a comin', Ford might not be making ragtops until spring... So I might not see it until Feb or March.

Rodger,

Yes, I'm keeping the ST. And the Escalade. I'm a 3 vehicle 'family' now...

And no, I'm staying in my little house. I was having a new garage built in the next couple of weeks. Only difference is, now I'm looking at having a 2 car garage built! lol

Krash here is my friends gt/cs with 20's no lowering kit[Broken External Image]:

Poor, Krash...you're supposed to get your midlife crisis car during your midlife...not postlife. Or something.

You coulda done worse and went with a V6 Mustang...

Look up RKSport, Roush or Saleen to make the Mustang look better. Or, just drop in a supercharger to get the power boost over with. When you really want to have some fun though in a quality car, lemme know and I'll tell ya what to buy, lol.

Roush Stangs are expensive! 50K at my local Ford dealer. The stripes are not even painted either their vinyl...LOL Can't complain. Customer saw that car. Bought a GT put the Roush front spoiler on it and then had me do the stripes. Looks sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Krash !!! :)

True about Rousch is not warranted. Fords warranty will not cover with Rousch performance engine kits either..if there is an issue having to do with the Rousch performance kits.

Jerry found that out when he reserched ordering the Rousch kit for his F150.

Thanks all! I made it through day one of 'the wait'... lol

And Fred, those back seats aren't big enough for anything BUT the two dogs! There is ZERO space between the front seat backs and the back seat... zero.

Can I handle yet ANOTHER vehicle full of dog hair???