wet drivers side rear floor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel Pilgrim

Reaction score
Has anyone every come across this.

I smelled a musty smell. Checked the floor and all dry. Then decided to check under the rubber floor mat. Where it is wet (damp) is behind the drivers seat rear floor.

It would be where your feet would be if you were sitting in the back seat.

I have the rubbe mat pulled up right now and it is drying out. could the rubber grommet be where it leaked? the wiring channel on the drivers side is dry. Passenger side is also dry too. Have not checked floor under drivers seat yet. I checked under the rear passenger seat and it is all dry up to the back window so have no idea how floor could be wet.

It rained here for 2 days and I did drive through some puddles but nothing out of the ordinary.

Anyone have any ideas?

thx all

Mel:wacko:

Also if all checks out there check your 3rd brake light. Alot of members have had the 3rd brake light leak down to the floor...

Paul H

Think I found mine the passenger side rear door rubber seal hanging down. Pushed it up and closed door plan to use some sealant to keep it in place. Heavy rain yesterday and didn't seem to get any wetter as I am trying to dry pad out.

Latest posts