What did you do today?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

FogLights

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't seen one of these threads here.

Battling hayfever, planning a trip, and checking out cars online. And around the house chores.

How about you?

curtis james

Reaction score
last two days has been sport trac days, took off roof basket and fender flares and all cladding, with help from old post from tom r,, very help full, clay barred and buffed it and waxed it, removed cladding from xlt trac that has silver painted cladding and mounted on my trac with painted black ones, looks way different now, trying to decide on putting stock wheels and tires and take off my 33s to make it stock. wife says i am bored, but it is the only place she stays away from when i am working on cars. hell of a lot cheaper than divorce.

topher5150

Reaction score
Went to the U-haul website looking for a trailer to rent to go to the swap meet this weekend. Filled out the year make model and the website locked up. Big warning popped up about all the liability and law suites against Ford about the Explorers and they won't rent to me.

Shawn N

Reaction score

The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I ended up using a different vehicle, but at the time I considered just picking up the trailer with a different truck and switching to the Sport Trac when I got home... although I'm sure that would violate the terms of the rental agreement.

Everything I've read about this says it's an unwarranted overreaction to lawsuits over OEM tires on Ford Explorers from decades ago that certainly doesn't apply today. Ridiculous.

bk10s

Reaction score
Weird - They’ll let you tow a huge trailer with a tiny 2004 CRV but not a Sport Trac. I just picked up the trailer with our daughter’s CRV and then ………!

Larry Michael

Reaction score
Oh yeah, U-Haul has been carrying that grudge against Ford Explorers for decades. Doesn't matter which generation of vehicle or location, it is a corporate policy. Soured me on using U-Haul for anything.

Latest posts