What do you do before road trips?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
What kind of work do you do on your Trac before you go any type of road trip or vacation. Taking my wife to Gatlinburg TN, this weekend and got to check all my fluids belts and hoses. Had my brakes checked yesterday and at 47,000 miles, I still have 50% of the pads left. Rotors looked ok except for a groove in the rear that goes all the way around. What could be a cause of that?

We were in Gatlinburg, TN last week and spent the weekend in Nashville....I spent way too much money....the shopping, eating, etc! We took our ST and had a blast! I made sure the air pressure in the tires were ok, checked all the fluids and belts/hoses....we averaged about 18 miles per gallon with me driving. If the wife would have drove we would have gotten a lot more (I never like to get passed!) :D

If you have time, and like pretty scenery, check these places out. My wife and I go to Gatlinburg 5 or 6 times a year.

Oh yeah, and what SST and dave said, plus some Prestone windshield washer fluid. Not sure about Gatlinburg, but we've had some frosty mornings here in WNC lately. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info and the link. That is the only reason I like going to Gatlinburg is because of Cades Cove. Last year when we went, we had five deer crossing in fron of us. We went back in July and did not see to much.Got the Fusion real dirty because it was raining that morning. I'll take plenty of pictures.

Oil Change dependent on the distance, other than that -- tire pressure, visual on the brakes -- dependent on last inspection, fluid levels. Otherwise, not much, I keep the vehicle ready to roll.

A friend once told me "always have a way out of town." I keep the vehicles ready to go and enough cash onhand to last a couple of days, especially living in FL during hurricane season.