What do you think?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Crockett

Reaction score
The business owner mentioned in the linked story is a friend of mine. Just found this article; I haven't talked to him about it yet. What do you think, valid science or snake oil?

I have read about this for a few months. There is a person on ExplorerForum testing units now. The idea is plausible and has been found to work for power applications, but I have read that the mileage gains are very dependent on aspects of your tuning. Carbuerated applications have seen more gains than EFI engines simply because there is not a computer to regulate Air-Fuel mixtures and to control lean/rich conditions. There has to be a balance between the air and fuel mixture. Heat is the by product of the energy, so if the balance is not correct, you can easily overheat and burn/destroy parts of your engine.

I'm not saying it is snake oil, but I honestly believe that if this worked as well as many people want you to believe and was as easy to do as they make it out to be, auto manufacturers would have already developed and added this to their engines. They are creating tunes and programming to control and diagnose your enigne as it runs now - I doubt they owuld have that much of a problem adding this into the equation if it was that simple.

I think I'll keep studying on the technology before I just install a home made product on my $30K truck... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus who knows what the long term affect this device or some of the others will have on your engine components.

I'm with Cobra......don't think I'd want to take a chance with a 30K truck on something like this.

Latest posts