What I did yesterday

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Levin

Reaction score
It was just supposed to be wiring in 1 new amp and turned into completely removing the interior of the truck running wires very nice and neatly and then putting the truck back together. The main reason we took apart the truck was the foam underside of the rubber flooring was soaked in spots so we went looking for a leak. Found none, but it's been dry outside for a couple of days here. We vaccumed every nook and cranny in the truck and let the foam dry real well before reinstalling everything. I have to take pictures now of the sub and amp setup since it's complete.

BTW, truck was parked inside an old blackhawk hanger which was converted to maintenance bays for the NJ Army National Guard. My buddy's a mechanic for them.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

How long did it take you for disassembly/reassembly?

I'm thinking of sound deadening my whole floor so I would have to pull the whole interior, just trying to get an idea of total project time.

Removing all the panels to soundproof the floor shouldn't take too much longer then an hour. Only a couple handfuls of screws, then everything else just snaps into place.

JD, rear seats come out no problem, couple of bolts and then just lift them out. 10-15 minutes. Front seats are just 4 bolts for the seat and then 1 torx for the seatbelt. we busted 2 torx bits on the driver side seat belt before we gave up and "trimmed" the rubber floor around it enough to slide it off. Center console is 4 screws and 2 wire looms that have easy disconnects. We spent a total of 7 hours working on the truck yesterday but that included a lot of BS time. Like tiger said, it should be less then 1 hour to disassemble everything.

Latest posts