what kind of shocks did yall use?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock Lagunas

Reaction score
hey guys... man its been awhile since ive posted in here. nothing against the site or anything, ive just been real busy on the solid axle swap. my question i have is those of yall who have doent he TT, what kind of shocks did yall use to replace the front? cause i have my stock ones.... well i had my stock ones... i ended up pulling them out of the tower and bending them to the point where they broke off. ill post pics later. but until the swap is finished i need some shocks to run around on, but i dont want to spend a bunch cause im gonna have to buy new ones anyway. any ideas?

did yall just say that the shocks need to be a little longer due to the lift... cause thats what caused the problem in the first place... otherwise they would have stayed in the tower.

Stock shocks can be used with a TT, a TT DOES NOT INCREASE TRAVEL, and therefore doesnt require longer shocks. a tt adjusts the "normal ride height" of the suspension.

If you would consider full compression (when the suspension bottoms out on the frame) point "zero". and full droop ( when there is no weight on the wheel and the suspension is hanging freely) 100. a TT simply moves the suspensions normal position farther from zero and closer to 100. The suspension wont travel as freely after the TT, it "stiffens" up, so the shock wont dampen vibrations as well, because it isnt moving as much. But you don't need a longer shock, you would want a better one. under your circumstance just buy the cheapest one the sell at autozone for the time being.

Branden R

The shocks are used to limit suspension travel to keep the suspension from going farther than it is designed to go. A torsion twist just moves the suspension to a higher point in it's normal range, but does not extend the range. Longer shocks might allow the suspension to extend too far, which can damage suspension components and pull your brake lines off!

Latest posts