What kind of shocks?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisP Riley

Reaction score
What kind of shocks should i go with? Where can i find the ones i need also. I have never actually bought new shocks and i have no idea what kind to get for my 2001 S/T 2WD. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks..Chris:cool:

Rancho RSX or Monroe Reflex. They're the exact same shock, both made by parent company Tenneco and sold under two different brand names. They'll give you the best overall ride. Do a search on Froogle for the best price. I got mine from Sam's Off Road.

Neither. The Rancho RSX is their "mid-level" shock, between the 5000 and 9000. It's a self-adjusting shock. I noticed a significant improvment in my ride with them. I don't do any off-roading, but I think they still ride great on the street. As I said, the Monroe Reflex is the same shock, just sold under a different brand. I think it just all depends on how much you're looking to spend and the type of ride you want. You'll get a million different opinions on this site about shocks. Just do a search on shocks and you'll see what I mean. If I had to do it over again, I'd have bought the Monroe Reflex shocks, because the red boot on the Ranchos is a pain in the @$$ to install over the top of the shock.

TIP: If you do get the Ranchos, use a small amount of dish-washing soap as a lubricant when installing the red boots. It'll make the job a little less stressful!:)

I chose the rancho RSX for my 01 ST. I think I paid like $45 per shock. I'll try to find the website and post it for you.

Latest posts