What truck?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm in a quandary.

Within the next year we are looking to buy something new (yes, I start that far ahead). I will get our Trac (finally!), and my wife will get the new one. We are looking at 4 door pickups, and so far I am undecided. My current thoughts are between:

A) A 2007 (or 2008) Sport Trac

B) A new F150 Supercrew

C) A new Chevy/GMC 4 door (I currently drive a GMC 2 door to work, still going at 240,000 miles)

D) Another Gen 1 Trac, probably a 2005

The biggest problem is, I don't really like the looks of any of them except the Gen 1 Trac.

THe Supercrew is too big and blocky. The new GM's look strange. The new Trac's are a little expensive, and the interior leaves me cold.

Any thoughts, or other suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could pick up an 08 or 07 ST v6 and save some $$$.......

I am partial to the fords, So I say the used 05, 07 or new 08...

Todd Z

Not knocking you but is there a reason why you need 2 trucks? Wouldn't you be better off with one vehicle that got decent gas mileage?

My wife likes trucks. We looked at SUVs back before we bought the ST, and she didn't really like any of them. The sliding rear window on the ST, however, put the wind in her hair on a test drive, and she fell in love with it. That doesn't seem to be as big of a thing with her now, though, so we are looking at other trucks as well.

I tried to talk her into a Corolla or something like that back then, but she was driving a Contour, and was seriously tired of looking at other cars from below. Maybe I should make her a gas fund of her own so she can see the true cost of her "elevated" status!

My wife was the same way up until we got rid of her 97 Expedition last spring. After she drove the 6 cyl RAV4 she decided she liked performance and power over the sluginess of SUV's. Of course I had to get her a moon-roof, but at least we have something fun to drive with reasonable cargo space and gas mileage. She also likes being able to easily find a parking space.

I love it! It's the same pickup I have now, only 42 years older! Except for the manual shift and v8, that is. Beautiful paint job on that one. I would love to have it, but my wife would hate it. She would want to drive it, but wouldn't want to get used to shifting for herself!

Dreman, yeah that '57 is sweet. My #1 complaint is the bucket seats they put in it. I can see engine mods and upgrades, but I like to see the rest of a vehicle, especially a pickup of that vintage to be as original as possible.

Last night I went cruisin in my 01 ST.... I pulled up at a light beside someone in a black 07 v6... I won, and just at that time, I realized, he wished he had a first Gen ST ;)

Go for the 05, that what i'd do!