What would you pay for this Sport trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.beavertonkia.com/used/Ford/2002-Ford-Explorer+Sport+Trac-db7511d80a0a0002015d70ae9e1a4699.htm#

what would you offer as your highest price for this Sport trac...looking to purchase one but want your opinion!

Thanks!:banana:

That looks to be a Pioneer Edition. Pretty rare.

EDIT: Yes, there is a sub under the back seat too. Pioneer Edition.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
The retail price is a joke and even after the so called discount I think it is still a bit on the high side. If I REALLY had to have it I may pay $6500 but even that would be pushing it.

I agree with l1tech, I'd ask and check if it's had the balljoints, shocks, swaybar endlinks, brakes, rotors, etc... replaced it might be worth $6,500 but it's at a dealer so they probably want around $12k-14k for it, right?

Offer $6500. Assume it may need about $1k in suspension related updates (ball joints, bushings, etc..). Nice looking truck in the pics!! I also understand the '01 and '02's are known for going through brakes fairly quickly (at least the repair shop I use told me that based on their customers experiences). Also run a Carfax report ahead of time. It is worth the fee.

Carfax is a joke and not to be trusted in my opinion. I had a Dodge Magnum that was in a pretty severe accident that required $14,000 worth of repairs and the last time I looked, which was about a year ago, there still wasn't any mention of it on the Carfax. Save your money on the Carfax and instead have a good mechanic who has no dog in the fight have a look at it instead.

Their "retail price" is way off. I would maybe pay close to their asking price if they included all the updates Jerry mentioned. If they haven't already done it (verified by an independent mechanic) you can expect to have to do it yourself very soon (immediately).