Whats my ST worth?!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
In light of my previous post considering the purchase of the new 07 ST w/ a v8. I am wondering what my current ST is worth on the Market. Can people give me some kind of input as to what I should be selling my ST for privately?

Here’s what she is:

2001 2WD v6 Sport Trac – Silver – 100,000km

Grey cloth interior (excellent condition)

Rear seats custom split to allow for subwoofer in middle (you know what I mean ;))

Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer enclosure to fit between seats

Custom Amp Rack behind rear seats

JL Audio 13W7 (Top of the line, In Ported Enclosure Above)

JL Audio 1000/1 (Top of the line, Powering Subwoofer)

JL Audio 300/2 (Top of the Line, In Front Doors, Mids/Tweets Components)

JL Audio ZR650CSi (Top of the line, In Doors)

0 Gauge Electrical Upgrade

220AMP Powermaster Alternator

Orbital Extreme Deep Cycle Battery w/ KnuKoncepts Battery Terminals

KnuKoncepts wiring on all audio equipment w/ fuse blocks where they should be!

Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, single in, dual out w/ 2 18” Magnaflow Chrome Tips

MAC Air Intake

Painted Calipers and Drums

Tinted Windows

2 Layers Dynamat Extreme (Roof, Floor, Back Panel, Doors (4))

Carbon Fiber Rear Tail Lights

Clear Front Corner Lights

Lowered 2” Rear and 1” Front

20” Gitano Wheels (Perfect Condition)

Falken Ziex ST/Z-04 Wheels (Perfect Condition, about 5k km on them)

Alpine Head Unit (Nothing Spectacular)

Explorer Express Rear Sway bar

Rear Aluminum Step Pads (In the process of purchasing from 23ballistic as we speak)

EDIT: Rear Cab Spoiler

New Brakes

New Belt

New Monroe Reflex Shocks (Being installed this weekend)

New Rotors

New Ball Joints

Transmission is Flawless (Finally)

Every Power Option is Working Flawlessly

The vehicle drives perfectly, no problems what-so-ever. With the new wheels, tires, sway bar, etc… the ride is smooth.

Whatcha think?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the Kelly Blue book price. Then add what you estimate the mods are worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the mods are worth zero unless you are able to find a buyer that is into that stuff and...... Well never mind that will never happen. The mods are worth zero, you may be able to get a little over book value. Your best bet would be to remove all the mods and sell them separately. You will get much more for your money right here in swap and sell or on Ebay for those extra mods.

Go to msn.com, then click on Autos, then click on Kelley Blue Book Values and they'll walk you right through your vehicle and its options and then give you a trade-in value and a retail value. Then add on what you think your mods are worth (as TomT suggested) and you'll have a pretty good idea of your vehicle's value. One word of caution from my own experience: your car stereo add-ons won't bring you anywhere near what you've put into them.

Let me add that people don't want to buy an already modded vehicle. The whole point of mods is choosing what you want and doing it yourself to fit your personality and for the experience. You do have some high dollar items there that many people may want to purchase. For instance I would remove your custom seats and reinstall a factory seat. I could see your custom seat and subwoofer system selling for some good money. Get some factory wheels and sell your custom wheels out right. Custom wheels already on the vehicle are worth zero. Things like your sway bar, upgraded alternator, battery, you will never get your money back on these if sold as part of the vehicle. Lowered suspension no one is going to pay for. It's unfortunate but that is the way it is when you customize vehicles.

hey XST, how did you lower your car? did you buy a kit or what? ive been wanting to get a kit for my '04 ST and i was just wondering b/c thats what i might do 1" front and 2" rear.

The best answer is........what someone will pay for it.

If you want to be paid for mods, then you need to market it to people who can appreciate them.

JT#14

Kyle, I bought a lowering block kit from Summit, and did the torsion twist (unscrew 2 bolts) to lower the front... Total cost of lowering before wheels alignment = $20.00

Wheel Alignment $50.

$70 to lower your trac.