Wheel bearing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SA Martel

Reaction score
Ok Guys,

Here is a new one...

Heard a strange noise coming from right front of trac yesterday. Put it up on a jack only to find out the wheel bearing was totally distroyed. I can move the wheel back and forth about 2 inches! Boy am I lucky it didn't fail on my 600 miles I drove this week.

With 60 k miles I have replaced both ball joints, rear axle seal, leaking front differential, rear door handles don't work, front seat belts have both failed, and how a wheel bearing, Not too good, I am glad I went for the extended warranty..... ;)

It is somewhat unusual. I have heard/read of others having the same issues as you mentioned. I have owned two Tracs, never had a single incident that cost me any real money. One set of brakes was all I ever put on as well as a tune up on my second Trac....

Guess I got one of the good ones...

If you have that much play in the bearing...look asif the cotter pin broke and the crown nut backed off..probably trashed the bearings though..

Latest posts