wheel spacers...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan betts

Reaction score
so, i am thinking about getting some wheel spacers. is their a certain size i should get? i am currently running 305/70/16. i want them to stick out a little. but, i am going to be getting new rims/tires 285/75/16, should i wait till i get the new tires to put the spacers on or does it even matter? also, how much do they cost and where can i get 'em?

Thanks, Ryan

You don't say what type of wheels you are going to get. You can get wheels with an offset that will allow you to eliminate the need for spacers.

I used U.S. Wheel 84 series Black Daytona Wheels. 15 by 8 with a 3.75in backspacing (offset -19.00mm). These wheels featured a larger inside diameter to help clear the brakes. I purchased them from Summit Racing. The tires I used were 32-1150R15 Bridgestone Dueler A/T. This does create some rubbing inside the wheel well when you are making sharp turns in reverse. I trimmed the wells (this problem is in the front only). No side rubbing at all, front or rear.

I really do not know how true this is but a couple of off road shops told me that you should never put spacers on...but like i said I really do not know how true that is...

Bill

I've had spacers for a few years. 2" in the rear now, 1.25" up front. I'm not worried.

i have 2" spacers in the rear and 1.5" spacers in the front...no problems...it puts the same amount of stress on the truck as an offset rim... and everyone knows they are ok. i paid i think about $140 shipped from trail sport 4x4 out of california. very cool people. they will make any size you want, just tell them the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern.

Latest posts